2020 Adventure in Poland and Lithuania
May 17, 2020 - May 28, 2020
We are pleased to announce an exciting trip in 2020 to Poland and Lithuania!
This will be a unique opportunity to visit the lands of your ancestors and conduct hands-on genealogy research. Travel with your fellow Polish genealogy enthusiasts and an English-speaking guide on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure!
Some highlights of the trip include:
- Explore Warsaw, the vibrant and historic capital of Poland
- Visit the Kurpie region, renowned for its unique traditional customs and culture
- Conduct hands-on genealogy research in the State Archives of Łomża
- Walk an open-air museum containing traditional rural wooden architecture
- Visit significant historic palaces and cathedrals in the Białystok region
- Drive through the primeval Białowieża Forest
- Relax on a cruise on the beautiful Lake Wigry
- Explore Vilnius, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- See a 14th century castle in Trakai, located on an island
- Visit the State Archives in Vilnius
- Enjoy traditional Polish and Lithuanian meals
- Transportation in an air-conditioned bus
- Comfortable accommodations in all locations
You will also have the opportunity to arrange side-trips to the villages of your ancestors (if they are a reasonable distance from our trip destinations).
Trip Coordinators: Prof. Jonathan Shea and Carol K Carter
Don’t miss this fantastic chance to explore your culture and hopefully make some breakthroughs in your genealogy research!
To Reserve Your Spot:
Contact us by e-mail at: email@example.com
Or write to us at:
8 Lyle Road
New Britain, CT 06053-2104
For complete details on the trip, click on the button below to download an itinerary.Download Trip Itinerary
If you are planning on joining our trip, you must complete and return the attached questionnaire as soon as possible.Download Questionnaire
Note: The tour begins on Sunday May 17. You must meet us at the airport in Warsaw if you arrive in Poland earlier than that date. Most of us will depart the US on Saturday, May 16 and arrive in Warsaw on Sunday, May 17.